In the past week, I was kind in thoughts and words by:
- Saying “Thank you” to the auto-rikshaw driver when he drops me very morning at my office.
- Not getting mad at the office-boys for not cleaning something after repeated reminders.
- Responding in the kindest manner possible to an adverse comment on a book review I wrote.
- Noticing how my family is kind to me in small and subtle ways, like saving me a bit of soft-drinks, getting me a glass of lassi (a cold drink made of yogurt) or doing my portion of dishes.
- Not blaming anyone for the dirty corner and cleaning it myself.
- Not being mad at my bestie for not calling me back as I know she must be really tied up.
I am taking part in the first ever Kindness Challenge (2016) hosted by Nikki from The Richness Of A Simple Life.
The weekly prompts:
Week 1: Start you day with kindness
Week 2: Observe kindness around you
Week 3: Focus your energy on being kind to others
Week 4: Focus on doing something kind for someone
Week 5: End your day thinking about kindness
Week 6: Think about someone that inspires you to be better, kinder, gentler
Week 7: Do something kind for someone and keep it to yourself