In the past week, I was kind to others by:
- Holding the elevator for a person who was rushing from a distance to get in.
- Doing dirty laundry which was piled up by the boys over many days.
- Doing a task myself which was assigned to someone else (but connected to me) as that person was having a really busy day.
- Remembering to water the plants.
- Not cursing my boss when I had to stay back in office for two and half hours due to a last moment task.
- Complimenting a friend when she wore a dress different from her usual style.
- Being courteous (Read more of it in “Being Courteous”)
- Not being harsh on the new maid who didn’t report on the day she promised (or a couple of more days after that!)
- Being polite to obnoxious co-passengers on the metro.
I am taking part in the first ever Kindness Challenge (2016) hosted by Nikki from The Richness Of A Simple Life.
The weekly prompts:
Week 1: Start you day with kindness
Week 2: Observe kindness around you
Week 3: Focus your energy on being kind to others
Week 4: Focus on doing something kind for someone
Week 5: End your day thinking about kindness
Week 6: Think about someone that inspires you to be better, kinder, gentler
Week 7: Do something kind for someone and keep it to yourself