Most SMSes we receive are forwarded..and we seldom take them seriously….but a few of them can affect us deeply..like the one I received a few days back.
The SMS was titled 7 Cardinal Rules of Life..it went like this:
- Make peace with your past so that it wouldn’t screw up the present.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything, give time.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Stop thinking too much. It’s alright to not know all the answers. It will come to you when you least expect it.
- Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.
In life, most of times we are doing the exact opposite of these rules, isn’t it?
I feel 90% of our time we fear to be ourselves..to do what we really want to….and maintain a certain conduct and behavior…all because we are in continuous consciousness of what other people will think of us…..controlling what we say…what we wear..how we behave….and what/where/when/how we anything….
Plus we never stop comparing and complaining…everyday we have something to complain about…nothing is absolutely great on any given day….
Topping it all, we hesitate to smile. Many of us behave as if smiling costs us!! We fail to see that a little smile can brighten and lighten our lives as well as those of others. Smiling is contagious…so spread the virus and spread happiness…