One day–duration of the Earth’s single rotation. But it’s a single day of life of every single living being on this planet. And for a mayfly it is its entire life.
One any given human day…
- Someone is born. Someone dies.
- Someone was waiting for it. Someone was dreading it.
- Someone is happy. Someone is sad.
- Someone is laughing. Someone is crying.
- Someone is sound asleep. Someone is wide awake.
- Someone is waiting. Someone just arrived.
- Someone falls in love. Someone breaks up.
- Someone is getting married. Someone is getting divorced.
- Someone is tensed. Someone is relieved.
- Someone is enjoying. Someone is suffering.
- Someone is wasting food. Someone is hungry.
- Someone is thankful. Someone is complaining.
- Someone is mean. Someone is kind.
- Someone is praying for the sun. Someone is praying for rain.
- Someone gets promoted. Someone gets fired.
- Someone passes. Someone fails.
- Someone wins. Someone loses.
- Someone makes peace. Someone fights.
- Someone is living a fairy tale. Someone is living a war.
- Someone loves. Someone hates.
- Someone forgives. Someone avenges.
- Someone is running from family. Someone is longing for one.
- Someone is lonely. Someone wants to be alone.
- Someone is charmed. Someone is disgusted.
- Someone wins a lottery. Someone loses every penny.
- Someone sees a ray of hope. Someone loses all hope.
- Someone starts believing in God. Someone turns an atheist.
- Someone is praying for another day of life. Someone can bear no more.
And when it ends, it had been one day and millions of stories.
2 thoughts on “One day–Many lives”
A nice summary of how the world works. :-)http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/